It’s swimsuit season! That means bikini-lovers everywhere are resolving not to touch anything sweet, satisfying, fattening, caloric or carb-filled (whatever your new diet may be) so we can fit into the teenie weenie polka-dot bikinis that have been shrouded in our closets all winter. But even though summer is upon us, you don’t have to pick between having awesome chiseled swimsuit abs and a delicious bowl of ice cream!
Sub Zero Ice Cream allows customers to create their own treats from the base up, allowing them to control not only fat and sugar content but their figures as well. It’s easy to stay healthy at Sub Zero!
1. Replace premium or custard cream with low-fat or yogurt to reduce calories and fat content without losing taste.
2. If you want to be uber healthy of if you’re just not a lactose fan, try soy or rice milk instead. Since soy and rice milk don’t have as much fat, the texture isn’t quite as creamy as the other lactose-based products, but if you add Cake Batter flavoring, it tends to thicken up the soy or rice milk so it is just as creamy as regular ice cream!
3. Most of Sub Zero’s flavors have a very low calorie count (fudge, chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallow cream excluded), so since you can have unlimited flavors at no additional cost, use this low-calorie solution to beef up the flavor of your ice cream instead of adding a bunch of extra mix-ins! We suggest mixing a berry flavor with cheesecake or trying our lemon or lime flavor with citric acid tang.
4. There are healthy mix-in options at Sub Zero! Stick with berries, nuts, or heart-healthy dark chocolate flakes for a swimsuit-friendly treat!
5. Try one of Sub Zero’s smoothies! They have less than 300 calories each and come in several delicious flavors like Strawberry, Watermelon, Peach, Raspberry and Pina Colada and more. Plus you can mix up to three flavors so you can have a Strawberry Banana or Raspberry Peach Colada smoothie!