Sub Zero Nitrogen Facts
Sure, we could make ice cream the boring, old-fashioned way with a big ol’ ice cream churn that scrapes and whips the cream full of air for 20 minutes or so, then we could store it in a -20 degree Fahrenheit freezer to harden for three or four hours and serve, eh, whenever… But we don’t think that’s “cool” enough. We choose to blast our ice cream with -321 degrees of liquid nitrogen to freeze it instantly and to-order so our ice cream is the smoothest, creamiest, and freshest frozen treat worldwide.
See if you can answer all the questions correctly! Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. True or False: Nitrogen is odorless, tasteless, and colorless
2. What percentage of the earth’s atmosphere is Nitrogen gas?
3. What percentage of your body weight is Nitrogen?
4. At what temperature does liquid nitrogen boil?
5. True or False: Nitrogen is flammable
6. Thermodynamics is a branch of chemistry that studies..
b. speed of reactions
c. changes in energy
d. atmospheric content
7. Heat moves…
b. from a warm body to a cooler one
c. in all ways
8. Room temperature is approximately how many degrees?
9. True or False: Liquid Nitrogen is non-toxic
10. True or False: Mars has a greater amount of Nitrogen in its atmosphere than earth does.
11. What is Nitrogen’s atomic number?
12. What is Nitrogen’s atomic mass?
13. Who discovered Nitrogen in the earth’s atmosphere?
14. True or False: Nitrogen is used to protect historic documents like the Declaration of Independence.
15. What is Nitrogen’s melting point?
16. What is the vapor that comes off of boiling Nitrogen?
17. What are the insulated containers that Liquid Nitrogen is kept in called?
18. At what temperature does liquid nitrogen freeze?
19. When Liquid Nitrogen is in near contact with a mass significantly hotter than its boiling point, it produces an insulating vapor layer between the liquid and hot surface. What is this called?
20. What is cryogenics in physics?
Click Here for Answers