FAQ’s | Sub Zero Ice Cream Franchise
How much is the initial franchise fee?
The initial franchise fee is $30,000.
If interested in multiple units, the initial franchise fee is $20,000 for other units purchased at the same time.
How much does it cost to open a Sub Zero Ice Cream and Yogurt?
The total start-up investment range is from $155,000- $381,000.
These costs include the initial franchise fee, leasehold improvements, equipment and fixtures, grand opening, inventory, advertising, signs, and working capital.
Can Sub Zero be mobile? Can Franchisees cater events?
Sub Zero has the capability to be mobile and can cater out-of-store events. We do require that you have a traditional store location to be able to cater and mobilize.
What type of location will I need?
The typical Sub Zero Ice Cream & Yogurt location is located in a high traffic shopping center, storefront location, or shopping mall. In some cases, the restaurant can exist in a “free standing” building.
The typical size of the store should be 1,200 to 1,900 square feet, but we can adapt our design and layout to meet most reasonable dimensions.
What kind of support will I receive?
Not only does Sub Zero Ice Cream & Yogurt offer constant operational support from the corporate office, we also have:
- An in-house Marketing Director to advise and assist in all marketing decisions
- a Graphic Designer that will aid in designing any ads or promotions you may need
- a Web Programmer that makes sure our websites always make a professional impression
- a Web Advertising Manager who maintains every franchisee’s local search campaigns and search engine optimization to ensure that your customers can always find you on the internet
- a PR and social Media Specialist who manages Facebook, Twitter, the Sub Zero Blog, and PR so that your Sub Zero franchise will always be promoted through online and press resources
- and a Copywriter, who writes content for advertisements, web-sites, manuals, social media, and any other materials that involve the written word.
Is financing available?
We are able to direct you to outside providers that can provide leasing for equipment and fixtures for qualified applicants. Bank and SBA loan finance programs have also been utilized by qualified franchisees to finance their restaurants.
What are our royalties?
Sub Zero’s royalties are 6% of ongoing sales. Sales tax is not subject to the royalty.
How do I go about selecting a location?
Sub Zero Ice Cream & Yogurt’s Franchise Development Manager will provide you assistance and advice to guide you toward the sites where you will be most profitable. We review your proposed location based on population density, traffic patterns, available parking, accessibility of the location, and the location’s proximity to traffic generators such as other businesses and restaurants.
How long will it take to open my Sub Zero store?
After the final agreements are signed and you’re the proud owner of a new Sub Zero franchise, it can take as little as 4 to 6 months to open your business.
This depends on the time it takes to select a favorable location for your business, arranging any financing if needed, training, and building out the interior to comply with the Sub Zero interior design.
How do I get started?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, submit your information by clicking “Apply Now” at the bottom of the screen and filling out your information. There is no obligation to invest in a franchise by submitting this form. After we receive your information and any initial questions, one of our Sub Zero franchise development representatives will get in touch to answer any questions you may have and to tell you more about the brand.