How much is the initial franchise fee?
The initial franchise fee is $35,000. If interested in multiple units, the initial franchise fee is $15,000 for other units purchased at the same time
How much does it cost to open a Sub Zero ice cream and yogurt?
The development expense is $176,000 – $293,000. These costs include the construction, remodeling, lease improvements, furniture, fixtures, and equipment
Can Sub Zero be Mobile? Can Franchisees Cater Events?
Sub zero has the capability to be mobile and can cater out of store events. We do require that you have a traditional store location to be able to cater and mobilize
What type of location will I need?
The typical Sub Zero ice cream and yogurt location is located in a high traffic shopping center, storefront location, or shopping mall. In some cases, the restaurant can exist in a “free standing” building.
The typical size of the store should be 800 to 1,300 square feet, but we can adapt our design and layout to meet most reasonable dimensions
What Kind of support will I receive?
Not only does Sub Zero ice cream and yogurt offer constant operational support from the corporate office, we also have
- A build-out Specialist will assist new franchisees in development. Through weekly communication, this specialist will guide you from contract signing until grand opening
- A marketing firm to advise and assist in all marketing decisions. They will also provide quarterly marketing and adverting plans for all franchisees
- A Graphic Designer that will aid in designing any ads or promotions you may need
- A web programmer that makes sure our websites always make a professional impression
- A web advertising manager who maintains every franchisee’s local search campaigns and search engine optimization to ensure that your customers can always find you on the internet.
- A PR Firm that has takenSub Zeroto the public. They specialize each quarter on two of the Sub Zero’s developing markets and assist in grand opening public relation for new franchisees
- And a Copywriter, who writes content for advertisements, websites, manuals, social media, and any other materials that involve the written word
Is Financing Available?
We are able to direct you to outside providers that can provide leasing for equipment and fixtures for qualified applicants. Bank and SBA loan finance programs have also been utilized by qualified franchises to finance their restaurants.
What are our Royalties?
Sub Zero royalties are 6% of ongoing sales. Sales tax is not subject to the royalty
How do I go about selecting a location?
Sub Zero ice cream has partnered up with Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate. We work with each franchisee in site location and market research to identify the perfect available location. Franchisees will be assist in site location, lease paperwork including LOIs and lease agreements, and lease negotiations.
How long will it take to open my sub zero store?
After the final agreements are signed and you’re the proud owner of a new sub zero franchise, it can take as little as 4 to 6 months to open your business.
This depends on the time it takes to select a favorable location for your business, arranging any financing if needed, training and building out the interior to comply with the sub zero interior design.
How do I get started?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, submit your information by clicking “Apply Now” at the bottom of the screen and filling out your information. There is no obligation to investing in a franchise by submitting this form. After we receive your information and any initial questions, one of your Sub Zero franchise development representatives will get in touch to answer any questions you may have and to tell you more about the brand.